Tuesday, November 1, 2016

9-30-2016 - Horse Day - Ride in Rose Canyon

"Today is the Day." Kara has been using this saying lately, and I pretty much felt the same when I went riding on September 30th. It was my first time helping load a horse trailer and go riding with Bubbles besides at Terri's. I was giddily nervous and excited at the same time. Hence all the photos I took of the trip and asking others for their photos and videos. 


We had a pretty safe trip except for one instance. (Read Below) It was great to get out and be with people that I really care about. We love the horses and enjoy being around each other. We saw some deer, had the horses cross streams, cantered in different areas on the trail, and chatted as we enjoyed the fall beauty. 










Video - Cantering up the trail


Video - Everyone on the ride
 (Liz, Me, Zahrah, Payton, & Terri (who was filming))



Video - Path through the trees over fallen leaves. 






We had been practicing on trotting and cantering which I had loved and enjoyed immensely on Terri's property but we were now in a new area and I was a bit nervous. Well we were on our way back and Terri and her grand daughter Payton, who was riding Mufasa, went up ahead on the trail to canter back toward us so we could film them. I had let Bubbles turn her head up a hill to eat so I could see Terri and Payton come back cantering up the trail. Well needless to say, Bubbles thought there must be tastier morsels up the hill further and decided to go up. I don't mind the going up, its the coming down the hill that scares me. So I was up on the hill going further up to find a place to turn around, when all of a sudden, Mufsa decided to scale a 5 to 6 foot wall of dirt to join us. Payton was crying and scared to death. I was scared until I saw her and that went right out of my body. I quickly got off Bubbles and grabbed Mufsa. Its amazing what you can do when you think someone else needs you. We were both shaken up a bit but survived and hopefully grew from the experience. By the way, Payton is 11 and can ride and canter bare back were I have just barely started cantering this year in a saddle. So different, but yet so similar! Horses are what brings us together.

Video - Terri and Payton cantering - then at the end "where the heck is Abbie going?" 
(trust me I totally thought the same thing)

Logan hanging out with me after I got back from riding the horses waiting for Kara to wake up from her nap. 

I took Kara and Logan out to eat since it was a Friday and Matt was at work. Mommy and kid date night. 






No comments:

Post a Comment