Wednesday, November 2, 2016

9-14-2016 - Disneyland Trip

BIGGEST FIASCO - Matt lost the Disneyland tickets (read on for further details)

We woke up and got ready for the day by heading down to breakfast. Our breakfast was included with our room and they didn't disappoint on the selection. We had a ton of hot food to choose from and the area was nice and large. 

After we ate, we headed back to the room to get our stuff. We were on our way, but Matt had decided to write our names on the tickets and said he would catch up to us as he was waiting to borrow a pen from the hotel front desk. We were stopped at the light waiting to get cross. Matt pulled out the tickets and showed Kara her ticket and that it had Minnie Mouse on it.
Kara asked "Can I hold my ticket"
Matt - "No we don't want you to lose it as you are only 3"

We walked down the street to Disneyland security and got through security. Upon getting through security, I asked Matt to get out the tickets.
He said "I don't have them". 
Me - "yeah right"
Matt- "I really don't have them". He was wearing cargo pants and proceeded to turn out all his pockets. 

We got worried, upset, frustrated, and alarmed ALL at the same time. I told Matt to run back to the light to see if he could find them. All the time thinking, we are going to have to spend $1500 for 4 more tickets for 5 days. I was pissed and nervous and anxious the whole time hoping Matt would find them. YEAH right. 

My mom suggested to go to see if they have a lost and found. I went over to guest services and tried to explained what happened. I told her it was our first day and that we hadn't even scanned our tickets yet and if there was anything we could do. 

She would need our barcodes on the tickets, so I called Get Away Today to see if they could help, Disney Customer service person said she couldn't talk to anyone on the phone. Lisa with Get Away Today told me she could fax the barcodes over to Disney, but the Disney Customer service person said she didn't have a fax. Lisa informed me she had just barely faxed over some just that morning.
I quickly found out there are 2 customer service areas at Disney and the main one is at the Disneyland Gate entrance.
I ran over there hoping they could still help me out before someone scanned our tickets. I waited patiently as I could in line.Then as calmly as I could I talked to another Disney Guest service person. He said he hadn't received a fax so I called Lisa at Get Away Today back again to have her re-fax the barcodes. 

I waited and waited. The seconds ticked by too slowly for me to even see any hope. I was starting to cry. Another guy stepped to the window and had a fax in his hand. MY BARCODES from the tickets. He checked and the tickets hadn't been processed yet.

YAHOOOOOOO! He gave us replacement tickets and voided out the other tickets. He even gave us a fast pass to any ride and I chose CARS. 

I quickly called Matt and had him come back to meet us.

We were so worried and paranoid, but got a quick reset to be the happiest and luckiest people in Disneyland. 



Our tentative schedule for our trip.

First picture of the day in California Adventures. My mom had never been to California Adventures. We also grabbed some fast passes to Soarin at the same time.

We headed over to Toy Story Mania.


Kara and my mom rode the rode together.

Matt and I took Logan with us.


Mine and Matt's scores from Toy Story Mania. I am player #1 and I was even holding Logan while playing the games on the ride.

Matt took the kids on the carousel. My mom and I don't do spinning rides, so we decided to wait by going on California Screamin. We went as single riders to get on quicker and still ended up only two seat away from each other.


My mom liked the roller coaster until it went upside down. I forgot it did that otherwise I wouldn't have gotten onto it at all.


My mom, Kara, and I rode it first, since Logan was too small.

Waiting with Kara and Logan and eating lunch while Matt was riding Soarin and my mom was filling up our waters.

Kids ran to Matt when he got back from riding Soarin. We also ended up running into Kim and Brandon Johnson, so everyone went on the Grizzly River Run while Logan and I hung out together.



Video - Running the river

My mom, Kara, and Kim Johnson (Matt set Kim and Brandon up)

Brandon and Mattie.


Riding the river.




After the River Run, we headed over to Cars Land area and Tower of Terror.


My mom and I went on the ride together. Kara wouldn't join us. My favorite ride of the entire park.



We posed for pictures afterwards as the momentous ride will never be seen again since it is closing the first of 2017.





Matt volunteered to let us go again, so we headed back for another go at it.

While we were on the ride, Matt stopped and posed for a picture with Mater with the kids.

Kara and my mom on the Maters Tractor ride.

CARS ride as we call it but Radiator Springs Racers. We had a blast and then sent Matt to go by himself.


We hit Grizzly River Run while Matt waited with Logan. Kara and my mom got soaked.



After Grizzly River Run, we headed back to the hotel to have dinner and get changed for an evening at the park. We had purchased tickets premier seating and dessert package for World of Color, so we needed to go back to the park in time to get there. 

My mom, Matt, and Kara rode the trolley back to Bugs Land.

Video - Riding the Trolly




We rode the catepillar train and then thought we had enough time to ride the bumper cars too.

Bumper cars line was really short, which was misgiving, since the wait wasn't fast at all. We hurriedly  got off the ride and raced over to get to our table to watch World of Color.


We almost got to the World of Color when we ran into someone we knew from High School and that I had played soccer with Brian Hendricks. We chatted for a couple minutes, but had to move along to get to our seats.

We tried to check in, BUT the hostess said we HAD ALREADY CHECKED IN. Luckily, I had my ID and the reservation information on my phone. It took us about 10 minutes before it was all figured out and we were able to sit at our table. Definitely not the best day for us regarding things that could go wrong.

Well once we were at our seats, we got a delicous and huge amount of sweets for each one of us. Logan ended up eating most of mine. Kara was so tired and a bit cold that she didn't touch much of hers, but we still enjoyed the time and our seats. The tickets were a bit pricey, but we enjoyed every minute of it, since this was the only area you could actually sit down. Otherwise, you have to stand up and watch the show. I knew that wouldn't happen with the kids and we would be holding them, so we purchased the premier seating and enjoyed it. The kids even got to take home some really cool souvenir cups. too.









Video - World of Color - Premier Seating




No comments:

Post a Comment