Monday, November 7, 2016

9-17-2016 - Disneyland Trip - 4th Day at Disneyland

Saturday, September 17th was our 4th straight day at Disneyland. We took it easier that morning as Matt and I had been out very late on our date. We decided we would get up when the kids did. Well, they ended up sleeping later than expected and we didn't get to Disneyland until about 10am. It was nice as we almost just walked right in because all the people that wanted to get their early were already there. So my thinking is, you either come extremely early and be the first to get in or come a bit later and not have to deal with the lines to get in. I am for the later especially since it was day 4. 

We started the day with Disneyland as we had reservations at Ariels Grotto for lunch at 1:10pm. I thought it was early enough that the kids would eat and then go back to the hotel for a nap and then back to the park since it was open till midnight. Yeah it didn't quite work out like that at all. 

Rode Story Bookland ride. 

Kara trying to keep her eyes open in the nice BRIGHT sun.


We went on the submarines. Not my favorite ride as I don't like tight enclose places with lots of people. But it was better than the last times since we each had our own seats including Logan.

Kara rode Autopia with my mom instead of me, which was extremely nice to only have one child to have with me while driving and pushing the pedal.



Matt trying to take a picture of me and Logan. I have a ghost driving my car.


Kara in line for Splash Mountain.

Logan and I hanging out while they rode Splash Mountain.



We finally started to make our way over to Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure and Logan decided to fall asleep in the stroller. We also had Kara saying she was tired and wanted to take a nap in the stroller too. 

Well Logan was asleep pretty much for the entire lunch with the princesses, but Kara eventually decided to wake up to see all the princess that came around. 

When I booked the character dining with the princesses, I was a bit skeptical. I wasn't sure how the food would be or that we would have enough to eat. Well the food was great and we were all completely stuffed by the time dessert came around. 


Logan was asleep and I wasn't going to wake him up for pictures.


We got to eat outside right next to the water and in the nice weather. It was alot less noisy outside and I think it helped Logan stay asleep longer.

Belle was the first to come to our table. Kara wasn't quite sure what to make of her coming over until we asked her if she wanted a picture with her.


Rapunzel was probably one of the better princesses that stopped by our table. She was very interactive with Kara.




 Jasmine and Kara.

Cinderalla and Kara.





Kara's food. Fruit, pasta, grapes, and broccoli.



My mom and I got Tri-Tip with potatoes and asparagus.

Matt got a lopster tail salad.

Tiana with Kara. She also was really personable and friendly.





I told them it was Matt's birthday and they brought him out a cupcake with his dessert tray.

Adult dessert tray.

Kids dessert tray.

Logan finally woke up when the dessert was served.


Picture at the back of Ariel's Grotto over looking the water.




We got a picture right after lunch right before Matt left to put the kids down for a nap at the hotel. My mom and I stayed at the park to play for 3 hours without kids.

My mom on the Matter Horn. We went through the single rider line in order to go on it faster. 

Matt didn't have any success putting the kids down for a nap, so Kara was tired and hyper by the end of the night. 

We finally got a picture in front of Mickey as the lines were not there at all. 


My mom, Matt, and Kara headed over to Splash Mountain to use the fast passes while Logan and I sat at the entrance on Main street. I decided to just hang out and actually got pretty good seats for the parade, which we hadn't planned on seeing.

Logan found a leaf to play with and enjoyed his time with it.



Video - Logan playing with leaf on Disney Main Street

After playing with his leaf, he decided he would be funny and crawl in the middle of main street. I didn't much care as no one was really walking by him, but then he decided to LICK, yes I mean it, he LICKED the rode, twice. 

People sitting next to me were laughing. I went to go get him from doing it again. Well the 3 steps I took from sitting in our place turned out to be 3 too many as someone decided to sit in our sit. I politely asked them to move and my neighbors sitting to my left backed me up. 


Kara, Matt, and my mom on Splash Mountain while Logan was licking the road.

Matt took Logan for a 5 minute walk while we sat and waited for the parade. They came back with a Disneyland caramel apple.

Matt hacked away at the apple while we watched the parade.




The kids loved waving at the characters and people as they went by. Logan went crazy waving and was so cute to watch.



After the parade, we headed back over to California Adventures to hit up some of the rides there in the dark. Logan and I hung out while the others went on the CARS ride. I guess I lucked out being with Logan, because Kara was over tired from being out so late and not having a nap that it was as if Matt had given her a Red Bull drink. She was off the wall crazy hyper.




Kara dancing with the dancing car after she got off the CARS ride.


Video - Kara dancing at the CARS street performance


Matt and Logan hanging out while my mom, Kara, and I rode the CARS ride.



We then headed back over to Disneyland for the rest of the evening. We finally got to go to the Haunted Mansion that was down so many times that day.



Kara, Matt, and I getting to ride Big Thunder Railroad before I took Kara and Logan back to the hotel and my mom and Matt were going to hang out for the rest of the night.

Logan was asleep in the stroller and Kara was so tired that I couldn't put Kara on the stroller so I strapped her to my back. I wasn't even out of the park before she was asleep. I got a fantastic work out on the was back to the hotel pushing the stroller and carrying Kara.


Picture of my mom and Matt going on Splash Mountain as their last ride before heading back to the hotel for a nice night of sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment