Wednesday, November 23, 2016

10-23-2016 - Sunday fun and Pumpkin painting

We spent the Sunday at home. This is a rarity since we are either at my parents or Matt's parents, but not this week for some reason. 

So the kids and I walked home from church since it was such a nice day. Kara usually sprints ahead of us and then plops onto the ground and says she is tired and waiting. Well Logan does pretty much anything that Kara does, so I of course snapped their picture while they looked so cute and happy together. 



We got home and had lunch and then the kids went down for a nap. While they were down, I caught Matt making faces on his phone. So silly, but Kara and he had fun the previous day with the videos so why not play right?


After dinner, we cleaned up and got ready to paint pumpkins. Why paint? Cause the kids can start participating and I have painted pumpkins with Kara every year since she was 6 months old.



These are the pumpkins from our yard. Yes, we had one grow really late in the season so it was still green. It was a perfect pumpkin to paint for Logan and me though.

Ready, set, paint.


Kara kept asking for help and wanted to paint it just like her dad. But we had to keep telling her there was no correct way to paint and what ever she did would be fine.


Logan had fun painting himself as much as he did the pumpkin.




I started to help Logan and rather enjoyed it. I haven't painted since before we moved to our house, which I use to do alot of. I use to be alot more crafty just haven't felt like it since the kids came around.








Logan right before he headed to the bath tub.


This is how our pumpkin turned out.


Kara wanted a face on her pumpkin, so I helped her out. I painted the white and she painted on top of it with glitter paint.




Trying to dry the pumpkins a little bit so we could finish up before bed.


Lovely yearly tradition. Now, we still need to carve two other pumpkins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment