Tuesday, November 1, 2016

9-23-2016 to 9-24-20 - Watch Leili and Kyla (including sleeping over)

You are crazy when you volunteer yourself to watch your sisters two kids, who are 6 months older than your 3 year old and 7 months younger than your 1 year old. 

Yep that would be me. My mom was going out of town to visit my sister in Reno and Kali's husband was at a work getaway in Midway for the weekend. So I volunteered to watch her kids. Plus we had only been home from Disneyland for 3 days. 

I knew Leili (4 years old) would be just fine. It was Kyla (10 1/2 months old) that we were a bit worried about. Kali had never left her over night. She was still nursing and hadn't really taken a bottle except maybe 4 times in her whole life.

So my theory was, it was only 1 night and it wouldn't be that hard.

Kali dropped them off at 10am. She was a bit nervous to leave but still left anyway. It went pretty well. I even had all the kids minus Leili down for a nap at the same time. I first had Kyla in my room for a nap and then decided after that she could sleep in the laundry room and have her own area. It worked out perfectly. 

Matt was at work the whole day so it was just me and 4 kids. We managed pretty well and I even was able to get some of the Disneyland laundry put away. Kyla wanted to be held alot and wasn't sure about playing around. 

Logan just followed Kara and Leili around playing with them. 

We had lunch and snacked on Cherrios throughout the day, which Kyla loved.


Kara, Leili, and Logan having a tea party with water. I caught them trying to use my water bottles upstairs while I was cleaning up from lunch and told them they could have a tea party downstairs at the table.

Kara and Leili reading books and driving their "car".


After Kara got up from her nap, we made cookies with Leili. It was nice having the younger two asleep while we did this. These two fought over who was going to help me, but were pretty mellow about it.


Video - Time Lapse of dinner with me and 4 kids under the age of 4. 

We had a pretty successful nights sleep. Kyla slept way late and through the night which doesn't usually happen. Kali came back home from Midway about 10am, but I kept the girls with us until we went to Shawn's surprise 30th birthday party that Kali needed to get ready for. 

I had a bit of fun doing Leili's hair. She holds still while I did it and there was so much of it I was able to actually braid it.



Matt and Leili putting a puzzle together while all 3 kids were asleep for an afternoon nap before the big birthday party.

All loaded up and ready to go. Its a good thing we have a Durango that can fit 4 kids inside of it. 





Ready to surprise Shawn for his 30th birthday!

Matt getting ready to "pin the mustache on Shawn" game.


Video - Matt Playing pin the mustache on Shawn at Shawn's surprise 30th Birthday Party

Getting ready to play "whipping cream and bubble gum" game that Kali found on pinterest. 





Kara loved the game, but Leili wouldn't get her face dirty.


 Kali put all the 30 candles on Shawn's birthday. Lots of candles equals a big flame. 


We had a successful first sleepover. I was able to get Kyla switched over to a bottle really easily and we even seemed to have gotten enough sleep. Till our next sleepover!



No comments:

Post a Comment