Wednesday, November 23, 2016

10-25-2016 - Making a flapper dress and playing at Bonka's

Murder Mystery Party set in the 1920s - calls for a flapper dress, right? Well I thought so, and since I couldn't find one that fit nicely or that was modest enough, I decided to make one. 

I found a dress at the DI. I found the fringe at Joann's. I found a person to sew - my mother-in-law. 

We spent about 2 hours sewing the fringe on. It was a bit difficult since the dress would get caught up and sewn together so, she had to unpick it a couple times.

While she sewed, I chatted with her and kept an eye on Logan. Kara was down for a nap as she was tired and ornery. 






Logan enjoyed playing in the ironing board closet in the laundry room immensely. 


Video - Logan jumping

Video - Logan jumping and finding Bonka's blanket (robe)

We took a break after Kara woke up from her nap to play frisbee and to be outside while Matt's dad talked to his brother. 


Finished product. What do you think? It was fun and cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment