Tuesday, November 8, 2016

9-18-2016 - Disneyland Trip - Beach Day

What - No Disneyland. Nope we needed a break and my mom didn't want to go to Disneyland on Sunday, so we switched things up. We had it as a rest day, to go to the beach and see the Newport California LDS Temple. 

We got up and ate breakfast and then my mom and went and got the rental car. She went to church at a local ward that I found for her. We stayed at the hotel with the kids as going to church with Logan isn't the funnest thing anyway since all he wants to do is NOT be there. It turned out to be a good thing, since right after we got back from breakfast I got a migraine and went back to bed for 2 hours. 

We had lunch and then loaded up to go to the beach. We planned on going to the Newport Temple first and then going to the beach. 



Well Logan fell asleep on the way to the Temple, so Kara, my mom, and I were the only ones to check it out. Kara wanted to fall asleep about 5 minutes before we got there, but we had Matt keep her awake. Not the best decision after we experienced her not falling asleep until 2 minutes before we reached the beach.
















Video - Kara playing on Temple Steps

Nice and sunny at the Temple, right? Yep! Nice and sunny at the beach, NOPE! But we still were going to play anyways. 

So what did we do after Kara fell asleep 2 minutes away from the beach? We went for an hour drive up the coast on Highway 1. It was nice seeing other things and having everyone in the backseat asleep including Matt. 

We finally decided to head the the beach and just wake up the kids when we got there. Well they must have know because as soon as we reached the parking lot. they both woke up. Kara woke up ornery and didn't want to be at the beach. So I left Matt and Kara playing, while my mom and I took Logan for a walk on the beach. He wasn't the fondest of the water until we found a little quiet area were the waves broke on some rocks a bit of the shore. 












Video - Logan playing on the beach


Someone had dug a hole and Logan thought it was the best place to play. 







My mom had gone back to see how Matt was doing with Kara while I stayed with Logan. Kara ended up playing with Logan for a bit in the water.










I asked Matt to get close to the kids so I could take a picture. He didn't want to get his feet wet, but I convinced him otherwise.

This is his face when the water actually hit his feet.


I love playing in the water at the beach. I think it is alot better than playing in the sand at the beach.







We finally decided to go back and find my mom to have dinner before we headed back to the hotel. Everyone was a bit chilly cause we weren't moving anymore and just eating.
After we were done eating, we were trying to get cleaned up and turned our backs on our cooler that had a bit of food left in it. GUESS WHAT - A seagull came right up and STOLE 2 string cheeses in their packages. The cooler was with in arms reach for me. Stupid bird! It ended up swallowing one string cheese whole with the plastic wrapper on it. A nice dad and son tried to chase it down with me but it just flew away. 

A quick picture of us, before getting back in the car to warm up and go swimming at the hotel to get warm.


Matt and Kara swam for a while but Logan and I only sat in the hot tub for about 5 minutes as he didn't want to play in the pool and the hot tub was too hot for the both of us. We ended up going back to the room with my mom and having hot chocolate.

Kids watching a couple cartoons right after having a bath.

Just as we were about to put them to bed, Disneyland fireworks went off.






Finally got Kara to lay down and fall asleep. We had a nice day off from Disneyland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment