Thursday, November 17, 2016

10-7-2016 - Rode 3 horses in 1 day

You know those days you feel a little different. Well today was one of those days. So I decided to test out a new hairstyle because I wanted my hair done. Funny thing is - I got two compliments on it.
Oh yeah, Good hair day for me. 





After getting all prettied up, I went out to ride the horses for a couple hours. Well it turns out I ended up riding 3 horses that day.

I started with Rio. Rio is a 2 year old percheron mix. He is young and I am pretty inexperienced with younger horses, so I was a bit excited and maybe nervous.

Well we were going to go on a trail ride and if we were going to trot or canter I wanted to try it out before we got on the trail. Well, Rio had other ideas. He bucked while trotting. I thought okay, well lets just try it again to see if it was a fluke. Its wasn't, he bucked even more. So I just decided to walk him behind the group and he bucked just walking.

So safety for the group and safety for me, I switched Jessica horses.

I ended up riding Tika bare back out on a trail ride. I hadn't ridden Tika in over 4 years. She was the first horse I had ridden at Hope Ranch, but never bareback. It was fun and she has a lovely trot that I could sit while bareback.


After we got back from the trail ride, I took Bubbles out for a bit, since I hadn't ridden her that day and wanted to ride at a canter to see if it was just me.

So my day of riding 3 horses was fantastic, scary, nerve racking, and a great learning experience. I still need to get back on Rio again though!


No comments:

Post a Comment