Sunday, February 12, 2017

12-25-2016 - Christmas Day

Christmas was on Sunday this year, so our schedule was a bit different. We planned on letting the kids open their stockings and then we would get ready for church since we had the 9am session. I was singing with the choir so we needed to be on time. 

Matt carried the kids down the stairs. I was able to catch it on camera. He is much stronger than I am. 


We first checked to see if Santa ate his cookies. Matt had fun leaving a little bit of crumbs and pieces of carrots for them to find.

Matt helped direct the kids where to go to find their stockings since they are in the front room and not where they usually play. 

It was fun having a video of them discovering the stockings. We kept it really simple this year. Stockings are filled by Santa and the rest is from us, which was minimal. We gave them one toy and a couple other items.

Video - Christmas Morning - Logan and Kara first impression

Kara got Cleo in her stocking. 




Kids dressed and ready to go to church. Kara took Cleo and her new frog, which she named Lemon to church with her. 




Family picture before we headed to church.


After we got home from church, we changed our clothes and then opened presents. The kids had fun exploring what they received. 

Video - Logan opening a present














Video - Matt opening kids present to him



Kara wanted one thing this year, a barbie doll with 2 puppies and a stroller. Leili has one that she has played with before. She asked for it for a couple of months, so we got it for her. It was funny because when she opened it, she said "look what Santa got me". I explained to her that Santa talks to the parents and we got it for her. 




I got Matt some pajama pants this year instead of making them.


So I unwrapped the new blender this year, but I also bought it and wrapped it. Our blender is 5 years old and I found this one for a killer price and we had been wanting a blendtec for a couple years. Matt told me to wrap it so we would have something to unwrap on Christmas since our gift this year was a trip to Hawaii in February.




Kara's present to us from preschool. She made this on her very first day of school.


Matt had been wanting his VHS videos on DVD, so I found a good deal and had them digitize them.

I did a lot of family gifts this year in the form of games that we could play with the kids.







I bought Matt a coat on Black Thursday. Yes, I went out shopping with my mom, but I got a $200 coat for $45. I was so excited to give it to Matt. Well he ended up not liking it because it was to "hoty toty" as he calls it. So I took it back.

Playing Kerplunk.

Cuddling with Logan under the tree.


We had lunch and the kids went down for naps. After naps, we went to my mom's for dinner and presents.

My mom gave Kara a Clifford book and a stuff animal Clifford. She loved it.







Logan got some more trains from my mom. 





Also, the grand kids get pajamas every year at Christmas time from my parents. This year, Leili, Kara, and Kyla got matching pjs.

Leili and Kara in their matching pjs.


So this year, I decided it would be fun for Kara to buy her best friend a present. Well that also just happens to be her cousin, Leili. 

So I sent Kara out with Matt one day to find Leili a present. Kara got Leili a Dalmatian puppy and Leili got Kara a barbie doll. Their conversation in the video below is funny. I always loved having a cousin my age.  

Video - Kara and Leili trading presents



These two can be the best of friends, but also act like sisters at times. They are getting much better as they get older. 

We had a great Christmas this year with our family and friends and so thankful for the people that are in our lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment