Tuesday, February 14, 2017

1-2-2017 - Snow Day and Date

It snowed all night, so we had snow every where. I was going to shovel the driveway and let the kids play, but instead Matt and I hooked ourselves up to some sleds and pulled the kids around the block and around the fields behind our house. It was a lot of fun. As we were heading back to our house, we decided to make a detour to the park for some real sledding. 








Video - Matt and I pulling Logan and Kara around in sleds like horses. 


Logan lasted about 3 times down the hill and wanted to go play on the actual slides. I don't blame him since the hill still had a lot of powder on the hill and it sprayed him multiple times. 



Video - Logan and Kara sledding down the hill

Sliding on slides with snow makes them super slick and fast. 


Video - Kara and Logan going down the snowy slide.



Video - Logan going down the slide.


After we got home, Kara and Matt shoveled the driveway while I got Logan some hot chocolate. About the same time, I got a text from Kali saying Leili and Shawn had finally shown up to go sledding. I told Kali we were going much earlier, but she said she would text me if they were coming. Well they finally showed up, so I sent Matt and Kara back over to the park. Kara had fun with Leili while Matt and Shawn stood at the top of the hill. 

Below are picture from my bedroom window with Matt good camera.






Matt and Shawn standing at the top of the hill.



After naptime, we braved the weather and took Kara and Logan to my parents while we went out to dinner for a nice quiet dinner together. I personally love date nights for the fact I can eat my food hot and have an in depth conversation with Matt.

I shoveled the snow again while Matt was putting the kids to bed. Gotta love what a new layer of snow can make the world look like. Everything dressed in white!


No comments:

Post a Comment