Thursday, January 5, 2017

11-5-2016 - Horseback riding at Jordanelle Dam and family date

Well, I got an unexpected invite to go horseback riding up at Jordanelle Dam. It was the night before and I was planning on hanging out with the kids and Matt, but knew it would probably be the last adventure until spring. I felt extremely guilty about going and told Matt about it. He said I should go. 

I ended up giving into my desires to go and Matt's urging that it was okay. I was really nervous and a bit high strung for the about half the ride. I had never been to this area and hadn't ridden for a bit of time, about 3 weeks. You might not think it is too much time, but I lose my confidence after being away too long and I am scared of heights and speed anyway. So a horse is tall and we tend to canter a bit, so nervousness is expected for me. Plus, the path constantly had a drop off next to it about 85% of the time.  

We loaded up Bubbles, Johanna, and Sierra into the trailer. We were meeting Cindy at a truck stop off the freeway. She had a new horse she wanted to test out and Leandra was going to ride Sampson. 


Terri, Leandra, and Liz posing in front of the trailer while we waited at the truck stop.


Bubbles and I took a selfie.


Taking a break somewhere along the trail.

This is a picture on the way back, I finally had started to relax. It was a beautiful scenic ride with a couple lessons learned, which were all horses needed to have a bridle on and don't go cantering after recent rain storms.


Terri and I.


Leandra (back), Terri, Liz, and me getting a group shot right before we left to go back home.

While I was out riding, Matt took the kids to Homedepot work shop for something to do. They built helicopters and even painted them. It was Logan's first time building. 



After I got home, we went out to Zupas for dinner, because I didn't want to cook and Matt didn't have any ideas either.

We went to JC Penney to look around and spend my $10 coupon. Kara and Matt had fun trying on different items.

It was so nice to getaway and have some "me" time, but it was also nice to spend some family time together too.

Still working on getting use to Matt's schedule. Its hard not having the 7 days off and 7 days on, but we are working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment