Friday, January 6, 2017

11-18-2016 - Watching kids and girls hangout night

What do you do when your mom is refinishing her kitchen cabinets and kids shouldn't be around one of the processes?

You volunteer to be the babysitter for the day. 

This is breakfast. 4 kids and a whole bunch of being a chef to all 4.



Leili, Kara, and Logan playing together while Kyla was down for her morning nap.


Leili, Kara, and Logan playing camping in the front hallway.


Lunch time. Grilled cheese sandwiches were on the menu. 



SO this happened. All the kids, but Leili were down for a nap, so we decided to take a walk to the mailbox. I opened the front door and thought I heard a sprinkler. My thoughts - "what idiot would have their sprinklers on?!" Well it turned out to be my house. Not my sprinklers, but my backflow preventor was spraying everywhere. I mean everywhere.

I hurried and opened the garage, grabbed the sprinkler key, and turned off the sprinklers main line. This is how it looked after I turned off the water. Matt hadn't turned off the sprinklers main line when he turned off the sprinklers from watering. Who knows what kind of mess we will have come spring time. HUGE sigh from me and a bit of frustration.


Video - Backflow water flow after I turned off the main sprinkler line. 

Dinner time - smoothies and meat balls. 







Random - impromptu girls night. I got a text from a work friend saying she had two free tickets for Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them that evening. Giving me about a 5 hour window to find a babysitter, find someone to go with me, let alone someone to watch the kids of the person who went with me, and arrange for Kali's kids to be picked up before we had to go.

I so so wanted to go and getaway. So I tired to make it happen.

  • I called about 4 babysitters and finally was able to get a hold of my in-laws. 
  • Called Turkey who called her husband to see if it was okay. 
  • Called Kali and arranged to drop her kids off at her house where Shawn was waiting for me since Kali had the carseats in her car at my moms. 
Lets just say it worked out, but it was a bit of high hopes and stress trying to make it happen. Not as easy as it use to be to be totally spontaneous. 

Turkey and I had fun together and it was nice seeing Tifanie again and chatting for just a bit too. 






We use to do this all the time way before we were married and had kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment