Saturday, December 13, 2014

Washington...part 3

Sunday - we got up and had breakfast and loaded up the car for a trip down to Portland, so Kara and I could fly home. We made a couple little detours to see some waterfalls, but the parking was so packed that we couldn't get out to actually walk up to them. Some other time when it is less crowded and we have a little bit more time.

Chelsey was able to actually go through security with me and take me to my gate with Kara. This helped immensely as I had our bags for the flight home and Chelsey could just focus on Kara. We got to the gate quite early with over 1 1/2 hours to wait, so I tried to find us something to eat, but Kara was super tired and didn't really want to eat.






She did however love running up and down the moving walk ways for an hour. This kept us busy and actually made us a little late getting on the plane. We flew home first class as I figure it would only give me one person to sit by and by the time I paid for luggage to come home it was only $20 more.

Never flown first class before and was surprised that they serve the drinks in actual glasses. Neat except when you have a toddler sitting on your lap and are trying to hold her while she watches a movie and not knock over your drink. They even served a meal on the way home. Not the best, but it was nice to eat a little.



Kara did fantastic until we were on our decent into Salt Lake. She was through watching her movie and wanted to move around. So on the decent, she pretty much stood between my legs. Thank goodness she wasn't fussy!

I was so glad to get on the ground and out of the plane. We landed a little early and had to wait for Matt at the baggage claim. Not to thrilled about that as I wanted to hand him Kara and just breathe.



It took us a couple days to recoup from our trip, so we stayed home and slept. Except that I had to go to the store as Matt some how forgot to fill the fridge with food like the last time we came home from Washington.


SO nice to sleep in our own beds, especially being pregnant and not having been in my bed for 14 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment