Friday, December 5, 2014

Oregon (final) and Washington start

Well, we had a ton of fun in Oregon. The day we left it rained and was really foggy, so we didn't even get to say goodbye to the ocean as we drove away. Kara loved being the center of attention at the Michels. She got to watch alot of TV time on the Ipads.




This time we went through  Portland and oh how nice and short the drive was to meet up with Chelsey, so Kara and I could spend 5 days in Washington with them while Matt went back home to work.

We meet up in The Dalles, We stopped and had lunch and Kara and Lydia played in the play section. Matt had to even go up and get Kara as she had never been down a play side like that before.


After the kids played, we switched cars. Matt headed off to Utah and Kara and I went to Washington with Chelsey. 2 hours after having left Matt, I got a phone call from him saying the car would only go 5 miles an hour and he was stuck out of a small town.

We quickly arranged for a tow truck to pick him up and take him to a Uhaul place, so he could rent a truck and haul the car home. (I had this happen to me previously on a trip with my best friend, Jon, while we visited his family in Washington more than 13 years before.)

I was so thankful that this happened where it did, instead of Matt being in a mountain pass without any cell service or a town close by. It was also extremely happy that Kara and I weren't with him!



No comments:

Post a Comment