Friday, April 1, 2016

Provo City Center Temple Open House 2-23-2016

We travel past the Utah Oquirrh mountain temple all the time and Kara always asks if that is my temple. I tell her all the Temples are ours. I got a bit excited when I heard the Provo City Center Temple was having an open house. I wasn't pregnant or had a small baby so we decided to make it a family affair. We invited Matt's parents, his niece, Kim, and my parents. A week before going, Kali decided her family was going to join us too as Shaun was able to get the time off work. We headed down at 9am to get to our 10am open house time. My parents were suppose to meet us there, but we 10 minutes early and go scooped up into the crowds and went through the open house without, but waited for us at the end. 

Kara is one hyper and curious child, who has never been in a temple of course. Well while we were being herded through the temple, the line got stopped at one point. She was touching the wall and the return air grate cover fell off. I kinda giggled as it wasn't screwed in. One of the temple workers seemed to be really put out, but the line moved on and we didn't quite get to see his reaction. 

We made it to one of the endowment rooms and the chairs were the ones like at the movie theaters that spring down when you sit on them, but go back up when you don't. Kara figured this out and pushed each one down as she walked by. I can only imagine Heavenly Father giggling at her as she did this. 

After the open house, we went to IHOP for lunch. It was nice to sit and eat. Logan and Kara both ate a ton of food. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment