Monday, April 25, 2016

Disneyland Trip - Traveling Day 3-2-2016

If you know me, you know Disneyland isn't my favorite place, but it is my husband's. So after having experienced my 5th miscarriage and watching the baby die inside of me, I needed to look forward to something and plan for something. So I decided to plan a trip to Disneyland and have my in-laws go with us. 

I didn't want to drive, so I put some numbers together to see if it would be worth it to fly.
 First of all, I didn't want to drive all the way with Logan being 11 months old. 
 Second, I hate driving for more than 3 hours tops.
 Third, we saved up and just paid for it cause we wanted to. 

I booked the condo through VRBO. Very nice website and the condo location was perfect with enough space, kitchen, bathrooms, and bedrooms for us. 

I booked the flights, rental van, tickets, and itinerary too. 

I packed on March 1st and had us already to go. Matt didn't pack until the morning of which had me a bit on edge. 

Packing and planning for 3 people isn't the funnest as I wasn't quite sure what the weather was going to be like and didn't want the kids to be cold. We packed our family of 4 inside four suit cases. All of which Logan was sitting in. 


Wednesday morning, Matt got off work and came home to pack his bag and pick us up. We then drove our Durango to go and pick up my mom so she could drive us to the airport. Alot easier to be dropped off at the airport than to park the car, pay for it to be parked for a week, and then get all the luggage and the kids to the airport terminal.

My biggest worry to get through security was the frozen breast milk that I was taking for Logan. It was pretty smooth, but I had to have an additional check be done on me and the liquid milk that I was bring for Logan. The frozen milk didn't have any extra screening since it was frozen. Alot of worrying about nothing, but once we were through security it was a lot nice. I took the elevator and the rest of the crew went up the escalator. First ride of the trip!

We checked into the terminal for the stroller and was going to check Logan's car seat, but found out there were 40 empty seats, so he could have his own. Yippie! I could strap him down and not hold him for the 2 hour flight.




Kara watching Aladdin and eating her PB & Jelly sandwich waiting for the plane to take off. I totally forgot to bring something for Kara to suck on so her ears wouldn't hurt her.

Matt's parents in the row across.

Logan and I in our own row. He only cried for a bit, but was pretty good once he fell asleep.



Once we landed in California, we had a bit of a rocky start. I book the minivan through Rent a Car. Instruction were once we landed to call the rental car agency and they would send a van to pick us up. I called and no one answered. Called right back and someone said they would be there in 20 minutes. No big deal to wait, right? Well we waited 20 minutes, then 30. So I called again. They answered and said they would be there in 20 more minutes and that it was really busy. So we waited 20 more minutes. Well, while we waited another group of 10 people came and waited on the pick up island too. No big deal as many people were coming and going. Well, it turned out they were waiting too. The shuttle finally showed up and the 10 people got on while I was trying to put the car seats in and Matt was loading the luggage. Long story, I had to unload the car seats and Matt ended up going with our luggage. We ended up waiting another 20 minutes for another shuttle. I was pissed off. We got to the car rental place and waited in a LONG line. It took us over an hour to get our car after getting to the location. The guy that "helped" us was rude and unpleasant towards Matt.

Well we finally got our car and headed to the condo, which was about 45 minutes away. We were starving, needed to unpack, get groceries, and eat dinner. Kara and Logan fell asleep on the way to the condo.

As we were driving, Matt and I were hoping the condo wouldn't be a let down. It wasn't. It was fantastic! They had a gift basket for Kara and Logan. They also had a welcome basket with food for us too. I will definitely go back there or recommend it to anyone!!






We ate at a pizza restaurant right down the street. Went to Food-4-Less to buy everything we thought we would need in the way of food. We went back to the condo, got ready for bed, and were asleep by 10pm if that. Ready for our fun and fabulous time in California!

No comments:

Post a Comment