Thursday, April 28, 2016

Disneyland Trip - 3-4-2016 First day at Disneyland

We got up bright and early, probably not early enough for Matt, but we got on the tram to go to Disneyland at 9:22am. Matt was a bit of a "_____" (can't quite put it into words) as we were late and had to wait in line before getting on the tram. He loves Disneyland way too much for my tastes and forgot that we had our two little kids, 11 months and almost 3 years old, plus his parents with us, so the pace had to be slower. I call Matt's parents (mom and pops, so that is how they will be referred to in the posts).



We finally got into Disneyland after our bags were checked and went through the ticket line. I set Matt loos with Kara to race to the teacups while I walked with his parents and Logan to catch up. 






Kara's first ride at Disneyland was the tea cups and it had to be the PINK tea cup. She absolutely loved it. I had a hard time just filming them on it.





We all went on the story book ride and got in the boat. 



After which, Matt and Pops headed to Matterhorn while we went to Dumbo. Mom took Kara on Dumbo, while Logan and I hung out and watched. I don't do circle rides very well. Motion sickness.


Matt and Pops waiting in line for the Matterhorn. I have to say our first couple hours at Disneyland weren't the happiest. We were late getting there according to Matt's time table. Also, Matt forgot to ask for the stroller/parent swap pass when they got to the Matterhorn so I was a bit livid.

After Matt and Pops got back from the Matterhorn, Mom and I headed over to the Matterhorn. Since Matt forgot the stroller swap pass, we did single riders and got on pretty quick together. It was an okay ride, but made me a bit sick and not wanting to ride it again. 


After the Matterhorn, we went to Mr. Toads.



Logan rode with me and didn't quite enjoy it, but did okay.



Logan and I went on Pirates of the Caribbean while the others were off riding another ride. We had fun taking selfies while waiting in line.





Logan was NOT a fan Pirates from the very start. He was scared going down the waterfall. He screamed and was shaking so bad. I felt so sad for him as it is one of my favorite rides.

After pirates, we headed over to Aladdin's Oasis to get our lunch. We splurged a bit to get our lunch and also premier seating tickets for the Light Parade at night. Instead of having to wait forever, saving a space to view the parade, and deal with kids, we just purchased the premier seating. After a couple more rides, we came back to the condo for naps. Everyone, but Matt and I took a nap. Kids were sleeping upstairs, while Matt's parents slept on the couch/bed and I watched a show. Matt headed back to Disneyland for some alone time for a couple hours before we had dinner and headed back to Disneyland for the Light Parade and Fireworks.


Matt's parents snore and were in competition with each other as I tried to watch a show. His mom ended up winning the competition. She is going to kill me for putting this on, but boy she won by a mile. (Love ya Mom!)

Returning to Disneyland that night for the light parade and fireworks. 

We ended up getting a seat right up front for Matt, me and the kids. Matt's parents sat a bit ways back in order to be able to sit along the wall. It was probably more comfortable as Pops was having Sciatica Problems from so much walking.


Kara kept running back and forth from Mom and Pops to us.


Once the parade started, we were all mesmerized. The lights were fun and so was the music too.









Love Matt's face in the picture.

After the light parade, we stayed in our seats to watch the fireworks. It was a really good night to watch them as they didn't show fireworks the rest of the time we were in California because of the winds. Logan even fell asleep on my lap because he was so tired.

We went back to the condo and were all asleep by 10:30pm. All but Matt, who went back to Disneyland by himself and didn't get back until 2am. As I said, he is a die-hard Disneyland fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment