Saturday, November 15, 2014

My Gram's Died 7-18-2014

So this post is harder to write as it seems actually more real now that I am putting it in writing, but yet it doesn't quite seem real still. Just like I haven't seen my Gram for a little bit, which is unusual as I use to see her at least twice a month at family dinners. Or we would just go see her at her house because we wanted to.

I found this picture on my in-laws computer. According to my sister
this was Mother's Day 2010.

So Chelsey got into town on Thursday, July 17th in the afternoon. We couldn't go see her as Kara was sick with Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. So Chelsey went and saw Gram with her kids and she also got to meet Ellie for the first time and last. Chelsey said is was a good visit and they went back to my mom's house. 

Friday morning, I woke up and saw Chelsey had called so I called her back. She is the one who let me know that my Gram had died and was trying to help out my mom by calling everyone. 

So that day was lousy! The story my mom tells of how the rehab place had been treating my Gram and my mom had been working on trying to move her to another facility. Both my aunts were out of town visiting family, so my mom had to deal with things alone. Good thing Chelsey was here for her annual July 24th visit. 

That same day, I also had my annual Gynecological appointment in the afternoon. I left Kara with Matt and went to my appointment. At my appointment, I asked why my sciatica area would still be out of place from my miscarriage the month before. The doctor said it could still be left over hormones. Nope, I would find out 3 days later I was pregnant. 

The similarities to when I was pregnant with Kara and how my grandma was doing were weird. When I got pregnant with Kara, my gram was in the hospital having had heart problems before. Now I was pregnant again, and this time she went to meet our little one and kick them out of Heaven before we get to meet our little one here on earth. 

I miss her and things are different without her. I am so glad she was here for Kara's first year, even though Kara won't remember her. I have lessons that she taught me that I will never forget and I think of her often. 

Gram, I know you are smiling at us down here on Earth and you are happy and healthy and your mind is with you. You are the most amazing woman I have ever known!

 Kara having fun playing on her great-gram's headstone.





Most of family together for the funeral.

My parents

No comments:

Post a Comment