Wednesday, November 12, 2014

10th Anniversary Trip July 13-16

So our 10th anniversary fell over the time when we were planning for my in-laws 50th anniversary, so we decided to delay it until July. Which was perfect as I miscarried that week and wouldn't have been able to go on our trip and we would have missed seeing Matt's family from out of town. 

We entrusted our best friends, the Elswoods, with Kara for 3 nights in July. We meet up with them and gave them Kara and then headed up to the Cabins at Bear River Lodge. 

We had out own 1 bedroom cabin with a kitchen and living room and balcony over looking the river. It was so peaceful and pleasant that we would like to go back again during the winter and rent snowmobiles. 

We had tomato soup for dinner like we did for our first cooked meal as a married couple when we were on our honeymoon in Oregon. It is my favorite and we even had bread bowls. 




We rented a four-wheeler for 2 days and just enjoyed ourselves. Before we went, Matt kept asking me if we were going to get 2 four wheelers, and I kept telling him, "No". It was a good thing as I didn't like driving them. 

We had a blast just being the two of us, again for a little bit. We missed Kara, but soaked up the time away, We slept in, watched movies in the middle of the day, ate our food warm, enjoyed going for a late night swim, picnics on the 4 wheeler, etc..

The last 2 hours we had the 4 wheeler, I told Matt to drop me off and go have fun. Well have fun he did, he went through ever puddle and scary road that I didn't want to go on when I was with him. It was a perfect ending for him. 


View of the cabins we stayed in. 


Our 4 wheeler for the 2 days



Matt thought this was funny and I didn't care. 

Us on top of a Mountain. 






Me trying to balance at Lilly Lake


One of the two time I drove the 4 wheeler on flat land. 


The Chinese restaurant we went to on our last night.
We drove 30 minutes to Evanston, WY.  



Kara also had fun with the Elswoods. She even started to call Matt "dadda" after we picked her up. Before that she would call him Matt. So thankful to David and Kristin for taking care of her!





No comments:

Post a Comment