Monday, November 17, 2014

Bear Lake Trip - Aug. 23- 26th

Instead of camping this year for our annual Elswood and Monson tradition, we decided to rent a condo at Bear Lake.

Again, we made the plans before I got pregnant and sick. Honestly, I didn't want to go and almost didn't, but I didn't want to miss out on the memories. It was a good thing I went, because I enjoyed myself and only threw up once or twice a day. Looking back on the pictures, I remember more of the fun than being sick. It is so much nicer to look back on the memories sometimes than when you don't feel good and are trying to experience them at that time.

Matt packing for Bear Lake. He didn't want to forget Kara. 

Low and behold, when the Elswoods and Monsons get together for a trip it rains. And oh boy did it rain! We had 1 nice day at the beach, which turned out to be a perfect day. Otherwise, it rained off and on.

We spent Sunday at the beach.
















Monday - We went to the Minnetonka cave in nearby Idaho. It had 444 steps one-way, so all together 888 steps. It was alot of stepping, but the cave was interesting and the kids did great!





Monday - we also went into town for dinner. Elswoods found a cool beach that was right in town. It was a little bit of a walk, but turned out pretty, Of course with the rainy and cold weather, it made the sand wet, but who cares after having gotten some awesome pictures!



I love this picture!!

Tuesday - We had breakfast and packed up. On the way home, we stopped at a hiking spot at the top of a mountain road. It was gorgeous and the hike was fairly flat. I even hiked about a half mile with Kara on my back. 






As always, we had fun with our best friends, the Elswoods!

No comments:

Post a Comment