Monday, November 17, 2014

Family camp trip - 8/10 to 8/12

Every year, my family says they want to go on a family camp trip, but no one steps up and plans anything. So this year, I decided to do the planning. Well everything was planned before the craziness started of my gram dying and me getting pregnant and having morning sickness, but we still went!

In attendance this year:

Sloans - Kali, Shawn, and Leili
Harmons - My mom, Kasiah (niece), Jake, Dane and Danielle (his fiance)
Monsons - Matt, Kara, me, and my inlaws

We went up to Ledgefork by Smith and Morehouse reservoir. My favorite place to camp and this was the last place we went camping as a family over 12 or 13 years before. 

Matt and I with Kali and Shawn went up earlier than everyone else on Sunday to get a site. We ended up getting the double site at the back of the camp that was perfect for us. We fit four tents and four vehicles. I had assigned out meals before we came so each family was in charge of a meal and each family was incharge of providing your own lunch and drinks. Well, my mother-in-law only remembered that she was incharge of a meal, so they forgot their breakfast and drinks. Well everyone else over packed so we all shared. 

Sunday - We had a big dinner (Matt and I were in charge) to celebrate Dane's birthday (31st) and my mother-in-law's (70th) birthday. We had hobo dinners and dutch oven cobbler. It tasted pretty good and nothing tasted good to me. We also told everyone up there that I was pregnant as there was no way to hide the morning sickness. 

Monday - We played around camp, went on walks, played in the reservoir, played games, relaxed, and enjoyed ourselves. The weather was a little tricky with it threatening to rain off and on, but overall it was nice.

Tuesday - We only had breakfast and then packed as the weather wasn't liking that we wanted it to be sunny. It rained a couple times on us. 

Camping while being pregnant and sick wasn't fun. I didn't feel good, had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, wanted food at weird hours of the morning (bears, so no food in the tents), my nausea pills made me need a bathroom at a moments notice, and I was tired alot. 

Kara didn't do the best at sleeping either. She doesn't like to sleep under blankets, so trying to keep her warm was hard. She would sleep fine until she got cold. We tried to have her sleep in our beds with us, but she is such a worm and moves constantly. 


Making our hobo dinners. - Danielle, Matt, Matt's parents.

Leili playing in the dirt

Kara and Jake

Making hobo dinners - Matt's parents, Matt, Leili, my mom, and Danielle

Dane, Kali, and Shawn

Leili, Kara, and Jake

Kara eating dinner

Kara and her chipmonk

Kara, my mom, and Leili enjoying the lantern


Matt napping after a hard night with Kara

Matt and Kara on the lake

Me with Kara after she got off the lake

2 deer waiting for me along my walk

Matt and Kara


Kara - she fell down alot! Her forehead to the brunt of it.

Matt's mom eating s'mores

Shawn, Matt, my mom, Leili, and Kali

Matt's parents and Kasiah

Matt, Kara, and me

Cooking s'mores - Matt, Shawn, my mom and Kara

 Oh well, all I can do is say that we survived and had a nice nap when we got home. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't tell anybody, but that was really fun. Although I sure enjoyed my bed when we got home.

    ReplyDelete