Sunday, September 5, 2010

HOPE - - Adoption Information

So it has been almost two years since Matt and I decided to try and adopt. Most people don't know what the adoption process is or how it goes, so I wanted to write about it.

We went to the first adoption class on Halloween 2008. That seems like so long ago. We decided to go forward and get our adoption process started. We are adopting through LDS Family Services as the Church helps with the cost of adoption and raising the money for Private Adoption is really a long journey and can be financially risky.

The process starts with paying a deposit, so the Home Study can be completed. Our case worker interviewed Matt and I together and individually. She visited our home to make sure it would be safe for a child, and we had to have referrals from friends, family, and our bishop. We also had to complete alot of questions and compile a birth parent letter, photos, interesting facts about us, just to name a few. We completed background checks, a two day adoption course (where we saw my cousins who were also adopting that we didn't know about), and even finger printing.

It takes alot to get approved as a couple for adoption, but we finally got our approval and were posted one the ItsaboutLove website with more than 900 LDS couples nation wide.

Now the wait for our Little One!.....Still waiting, hoping, and praying for our Little One and for our Birth Mom to find us.

As we wait, we still live, and laugh with each other, and plan for the future, and HOPE!!!

HOPE stands for Heaven Opens Promises Everyday! We can't wait for the day when Heaven Opens is promise to us on our very special day when we get to bring home our Little One!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait either. We all can't I will keep looking for you and telling everyone that we know. I carry cards around with me all the time as I told you about that lady that mom and I saw. Wink! Anyway, I know you and Matt are going to be great parents as I have watched you with the nieces and nephews. Also that Arlee was safe and happy when we got back from vacation. Thanks again for being so willing to watch her. Love you guys,
    Chels

    ReplyDelete