Sunday, September 11, 2016

8-28-2016 - Logan's first day of nursery

Well, to say the least Sundays have been a bit challenging since Logan was born and Matt only goes every other week to the entire sacrament meeting due to his graveyard shift every other week. It has been really trying and hard the past 6 months since Logan turned 1 and started walking. He just likes to move. He isn't really interested in any toys and just wants to run. So sitting through 3 hours of church has been a challenge, but the biggest was sacrament meeting when Matt would leave after taking the sacrament. It left me with won't hold still Logan and miss Kara wanting to sit on me and have my attention too. Most times I have tried to sit by people I know I can ask to watch Kara when I absolutely have to take Logan out. Not the best option for me, as I am not the biggest fan of wanting to ask someone for help, but I usually sucked it up and dealt with it.

My motto for the last 6 months have been "smile and nod". I went through the same thing with Kara and we made it through it. Those couple times that Heavenly Father sent Angles to me when I was going to hit the breaking point and just leave to go home, but not wanting to so Kara could stay in class were great. It was hard for me to watch every week to have people offer to help other moms out while no one seem to see me. I know Logan is mine and he is my responsibility, but it was hard to see and watch others care about others but never someone seeing that I needed to be rescued. So those Angles that came in the form of a couple of people that I remember specifically those exact moments I will never forget and cherish them so much more. It is my goal to watch those new moms who might seem to have had it, especially the little toddlers that can just leave you wondering "why am I here and why do I come" to be able to help them one day. 

So we tried our first day of nursery today, Logan can't officially go in until September 23rd when he is 18 months, but I didn't have anything to lose. I sat in during Sunday school and he did really well except for a little feisty girl picking on him. I left the 3rd hour for relief society and got so excited I got to sit by myself and listen for 30 minutes. I even took a picture of myself alone before relief society started.  


Logan did only last 30 minutes before they brought him crying to me, but 30 minutes is the longest I have had to myself in 18 months. Yahoo! We walked home and I took the kids' picture to mark the day before having dinner and changing clothes. Plus Kara's hair looked so cute with her bows in it.




Till next Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment