Tuesday, September 6, 2016

8-15-2016 - Donut Falls hike with Chelsey

We were suppose to meet up hiking at 10am. I got a phone call from Kali letting me know she didn't feel good and if Leili could ride with us. 

It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to get the car seats in the car to fit 3 across the backseat. Luckily, Logan is still sitting backwards otherwise it wouldn't work. 

We picked up Leili and headed up the mountain to meet everyone. We were the first to arrive and got a good parking spot. 

I loaded up the backpack and put Logan in the hiking backpack. All I can say is I am glad it was cooler weather and we didn't pack our lunches with us,
I totally forgot that we had to hike across the river in order to see Donut Falls. As you can tell from the pictures, it was a bit interesting. My mom ended up getting her feet wet while helping Leili. Chelsey got Kara across for me while I got across slower since I had Logan on my back. I didn't even get my feet wet. 












We had fun hiking both ways. Kara and Leili got along pretty well together and had fun when we would stop and smell the forest. I like taking my time and go a slow and steady pace. Plus its what my body enjoys in order to be able to survive coming back down the hill.




We had lunch in a little meadow just a bit away from our cars. The kids explored after they ate. 


Luckily the big black dog came back down with its owners and Chelsey was keeping her eye out for it so Kara could pet it. She missed petting it up by the waterfall and cried for a bit about it. Such a good aunt.



After we got back from hiking, we had naps and then I headed over to a "back to school" party the dentist office put together. It wasn't very well organized and everything took forever. BUT in the end the kids had fun and that is what counts.



No comments:

Post a Comment