Sunday, September 11, 2016

8-24-2016 - Temple Day Date

What do you do on short notice for a Temple Date? You call the grandparents. I called and asked my mom if she would watch the kids while we went to the Temple in the morning. She wasn't quite sure about doing it on my dad's vacation days but was okay with it. We dropped the kids off in the morning. We got to the Temple later than what I would have liked but I tried to keep myself relaxed and just enjoy Matt, the weather, and the experience.

We ended up doing initiatories for a quicker Temple visit, so my mom wouldn't have the kids too long. Alot of people had the same idea to do initiatories cause I waited a long time and only was able to do 3 names. It was fun cause I don't think I had done initiatories since I received my own endowments over 12 years ago. Don't really remember it from then, cause it was all so new and a bit overwhelming in superb and fantastic way. 


After we finished the initiatories, Matt and I ended waiting extra long for each other, because we were waiting in other parts of the Temple for each other. Note to self for next time, have a designated meeting spot. Matt waited at least 20 minutes for me.

We wanted to grab a bit to eat so we headed over to the Lion House and were able to grab a fantastic tasting lunch. We even got 2 desserts to share. We splurged and enjoyed every minute of it.




My food. 

Matt's food. 



Pictures of the Temple. It was a beautiful and relaxing day. 



We got back to my mom's and hung out a bit. My dad had the brilliant idea to make a gymnastic beams with 2 ladders and a board. Kids loved it and I wished I was a bit shorter so I could try.













Fun times at Bonka's and Papa's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment