Sunday, September 11, 2016

8-27-2016 - Moving parents bricks and ward party

Saturday was going to be just another day at home, so when my mom told me they were working on moving bricks around I offered to help. Totally got me out of the house and a nice workout too.

My mom cleaned off the bricks with the old mortar on them while I wheelbarrowed 700 bricks around the new addition. I could carry about 32 bricks at a time. About every 4th trip the kids got a ride in the wheel barrow. Why have all work and no play?

My dad did the acid washing of the bricks. It took alot of work, but saved a TON of money to have bricks to tie in their addition of the new part of the house with the old. 










After I finished moving the bricks around, we had lunch and then headed home. I got the kids down for their naps and then woke up Matt. I was helping out at the horses for a birthday party and needed to be there by 2pm. I was 15 minutes late since I jumped into the shower before going out. Sweat, dust, and heat needed to be washed away before doing it all over again. 

Matt took the kids to the ward BBQ and I ended horses 2 hours early to come and join them. They had some fun eating home made ice cream before I joined up with them. 






We had a very fun and productive day. I love days like this as it switches things up in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment