Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Matt - Getting ready for Comic Con (Jan 29-31)

Matt found out that Fan X Comic Con was going to be the end of January back in October and was so excited, because he would be able to go. If it had been in April like I was thinking there would have been no way especially with a new baby here. So I told him he wasn't going, but surprises him with 3 day tickets from my mom for Christmas. Well, once he found out he was going, he had to plan with the guys what they were going to be. Yes, I know he is such a nerd and so does he, but what can you do. I told him it couldn't be expensive or too time consuming to make the costume. Well it was probably $50 for the costume and it was a bit time consuming but he did the work while I slept or swam.

His costume choice or assignment was "The Riddler" from Batman. Well Matt is quite particular about being authentic as possible, so he had to have the right pants, vest, hat, cane, shirt, face paint, etc. Luckily, his mom found a green hat and a tie. Matt made his cane with help from a buddy in a cabinet shop. We found his pants and shirt at the DI on my birthday using my birthday luck. He also found his vest online. Well, his vest came in a Large and he decided it was too big and needed to be tighter, so we bought a small and sent the other one back and waited for the refund. With much effort and time he put together his costume. And this time, it didn't scare Kara. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment