Monday, July 4, 2011

Rookie Camp...12 Year olds and Leaders

In my stake, they have a special camp for the 12 year olds in the ward called Rookie Camp. I was able to be one of the leaders for one of the groups this year. We had a lot of fun...Hikes, crafts, food, skits, and many spiritual experiences. I was with 3 girls from my ward, a set of twins, Brindee and Kamryn, and we also had Kiera in our group too.

As a group, we got together before camp and came up with a name "Wands of Faith", decorated a flag and cups, and the girls made up a skit based on Harry Potter. I was Ms. McGonagall in the skit.


Also on the way home we had a snowball fight at the top of the mountain range we drove through.



First Meal Together

 













At night, the leaders got together and went to each tent to sign hymns to the girls


After the girls went to bed, the leaders got together to talk and act crazy as you can tell by the picture







1 comment:

  1. How fun. I bet you are so good with your girls, and I'm sure they love you to pieces cause I do!!!

    ReplyDelete