Tuesday, July 19, 2016

6-18-2016 - Mommy daughter date - Horseback riding

Kara and I had been having a rough couple days as Mommy/Daughter. After she had a bloody nose that day and many temper tantrums from the previous days before, I was desperate for a rest with her. I was able to take her out to the horses. This time we brought her bike helmet, so she would have protection. I also did some ground work with Bubbles before letting Kara onto her back. 

After Kara rode around the arena a couple times with Liz leading Bubbles and me at her leg holding onto her tight, I decided to try and ride with Kara in front of me. I ended up putting a bridle on Bubbles and actually riding Bubbles with no one leading us around. It was great and I loved having Kara with me. 











After we rode around for a bit together, Kara said she wanted to watch me ride fast. I gave her my phone to hold while I trotted Bubbles around. Kara took some fun photos while I rode.

It was the reset that we needed. No one tells you how hard it can be to be a mom sometimes with a little person trying to be there own person. But it sure can be great more times than I can count.

Love Kara and how she is growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment