Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

What a weekend!!!! It wasn't a big deal or extravagant by any means, it was just who I got to spend it with...MY LITTLE KARA!!!

I am still figuring out the finer points of being a mom, like the no sleep or the interrupted sleep, or how to have your brain work on no sleep, but who cares about these. It is the memories I will have with Kara and Mattie that are important.

Matt had to work all Mother's Day weekend, but I hung out with family and Kara. On Saturday, I went to Kristin's parents house and hung out with them. We good food and a relaxing time. It was good being around them as they as my second family. Plus, I got to show off Kara, which I never realized could be so much fun.

Parker, Katie, and Grace were so cute around Kara.
David, Kara, Katie, and Grace
On Mother's Day, we woke up early to get ready for church. I went down stairs to find a card with Kara's feet prints on the front made by Matt. Very adorable and thoughtful. Matt also wrote a great message and had "coupons" inside. We went to church together, but Matt only stayed for the first part as he had worked the night before and needed to go to bed. So Kara and I stayed the rest of church, walked home, ate lunch, and then went and visited Matt's mom and then my mom.

Front of the Mother's Day Card

Photo shoot with Kara after church...she was hungry and wanted to eat, which you can tell in a couple of the pictures that she wasn't excited to get her pictures taken. 










It was so much fun just being with Kara on Mother's Day! Can't wait for the many years to come to be with her.



2 comments:

  1. Kara looks like she is giving you the eye on the last picture. Looks to me like she is thinking, "What's wrong with you, don't you know that I am hungry". She is sooooo adorable. Love her so much even if she cries when I hold her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card she made for you! She has got some dirty looks, but so adorable!

    ReplyDelete