Saturday, May 11, 2013

First Date...since Kara

Well Matt and I finally went on our first date, since we had Kara. Was a little strange just the two of us, but needed time together. Can't say that I didn't miss Kara while we were gone.

We decided to do a babysit swap with my sister Kali and her husband Shawn so we could both go see Iron Man 3 on Saturday, May 4th. Kali was actually the one who watched Leili as Shawn was still at work up until basically the time the movie was completed.
Kara dressed for our first date away from her. 

Cutest baby ever!

We dropped off Kara at 12:30 and went to the theater for our show at 1:00pm. We got great seats and waited for our movie to start. Right before the previews started, in walks a couple with a car seat and their little baby. They sat right infront of us. Matt was a little ticked off as we made sure we found a sitter, so everyone else in the theater wouldn't have to be distracted by a crying baby. People pay quite a bit of money to go see movies nowadays and it is rude to bring in an infant or have crying children in the theater. That is our opinion anyway.

Well we enjoyed the movie and the previews. We can't wait for a couple more to come out this summer and go see them too.

After the movie, we went to Kali's house to switch off babysitting. I took Leili and Matt hung out with Kara. Kara ended up falling asleep, so we put her in Leili's crib. Matt went out to grab us dinner at Cafe Rio while I tried to feed Leili, but Leili had a different idea. She thought she would randomly start crying and screaming. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, so I tried feeding her. She would take two bits and then scream. So I took her out of her high chair and she was fine. Put her back in and she took two bits and started to scream. So I took her out and she was fine, well the third time she surprised me and she fell asleep. I didn't figure it out obviously that she was tired until she should me.
Leili finally feel asleep so I would get the hint. 


Perfect. She was asleep in her high chair, while Kara was sleeping in her bed. Luckily Matt just got back. He got Kara out of the crib so I could put Leili in her crib.

Then the dinner disaster happen...Cafe Rio totally messed up on our order...Matt was ticked off enough to call them and went back talked to the manager and got another order that was correct and got it for free.

Well, we ate dinner, I feed Kara, and then woke up Leili and feed her and then Kali and Shawn got home.

Matt and Kara hanging out while I fed Leili

Kara awake while Matt tried to get some rest.

Leili and I waiting for Kali and Shawn to get home


Such a fun Saturday spent with kids and adventure, plus a good movie!

3 comments: