Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Young Women

I have been the Young Women's President in my ward now for over a year and a half. I have learned a lot from them during this time. They are courageous young women in a crazy world that teaches them they aren't good enough or worth anything unless they are "perfect".

Who gets to define what "perfect" is in our world today?

  • Height
  • Hair color
  • Body type
  • Talents/Hobbies

My Young Women are perfect in THEIR own way.

  • Some are ballerinas, artists, and musicians. 
  • Some like science, math, dance, and recess. 
  • Some enjoy being the oldest, youngest, or somewhere in the middle.  

All I know is I wish they can always know how special and perfect they are in their OWN way. 
It is amazing how much they teach me and I how much I worry about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment