Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Crafts

This year for Christmas, we decided to make as many Christmas presents as possible to do something different. I haven't wanted to post any of the projects until after Christmas.

Now that it is after Christmas, I thought I would post the crafts that we did this year.

For most of the nieces and nephews, we decided to make stools for them. I painted the base coat of the stools and then Matt drew the pictures on the stools, so I could paint them. They turned out absolutely adorable.

We created 8 stools this year.

 Frogs for Parker and Jairus
Flowers for Talitha and Kasiah
 Dump Truck for Jayden
Frog for Braxton
Lady Bug for Kate
Butterfly for Grace (missing in picture)

My friend, Sami, showed me a wreath made of Tulle about 4 months ago and I thought it was cute, so I decided to make Tulle wreaths for Christmas for my mom and Matt's mom. It took 3 yards of Tulle for each wreath. I tied my mom's and Matt tied his mom's. I put some flowers in the wreaths and here is how they turned out.

 Sunflowers for my mom.

 Green for Matt's mom. I am not sure what the flowers are called.

I also painted my mom a sunflower and Matt was nice enough to hold it for a picture. 
Since we were missing Arlee for Christmas, I decided to make her a tutu and send it with my mom to Washington.  Arlee seems to love the tutu, because Chelsey posted on her blog. Here is a picture of Arlee in the tutu.


2 comments:

  1. Seriously, the only time that she takes it off is to go to bed and to the bathroom. Feel free to send me directions on how to make them. I need a craft. Oh and the wreath too. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute stools, and I just love the sunflower wreath. Your so amazing!

    ReplyDelete