Friday, October 22, 2010

Time flies when everything changes....

It has been over a month and how things can change:

1. Being Young Women's President -
  • Busy, Busy, Busy. Meetings, Young Women's Activities, trainings, worrying about the girls, trying to figure to do as a President and what the other leaders are suppose to be doing
  • It is hard, but very rewarding and special.
2. Coaching Young Women's Sports -
  • I love to coach and the young women want to learn. We had volleyball for 6 weeks. I think it is the hardest sport to teach. Think about it, you have to teach a person how to hit a ball that is coming in the air with their arms and to hit it at the right time, so it will go in the right place.
  • Basketball is coming up soon. The Young Women are really excited about this. In January, I had the opportunity to teach the girls about basketball. The basic fundamentals about how to shoot, dribble, and pass. Oh and the rules to the game. We start out absolutely awful, but over the weeks the girls got better and better. I had the best time coaching in a long time. I taught the girls about basketball and in turn I got to learn about you don't have to win to have fun. We never won a single game, but the girls were the best sports I have ever meet. I was privileged to be their coach and now their Young Women's President. I know for a fact that Heavenly Father saved these girls for this time on Earth. It is hard and scary out their with the temptations they have and WOW, they handle it with great faith!
3. New Job
  • Interviewed for the Assistant to the Vice President of Store Development and got the job.
  • Not sure quite what I do as of yet. Brand new position and I am looking forward to learning everything as I don't know a thing about what I am doing.
4. Matt's School
  • Hate Matt being in school, but yet love it too! It is a hate/love relationship. He has lots of hours doing homework and clinicals. Trust me, if you ask me what Matt is doing, I most always say, "Homework."Only 14 more months to go!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are so involved in young women's. They are so lucky to have a role model like you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to mbe involved in Young Womens so bad. I loved being in there when I was younger and just so you know I am very jealous.
    Congratulations again on getting the job and loving it so far.
    Hang in there Matt... 14 months really isn't that far if you think about it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a pretty full schedule! At least you're handling it well

    ReplyDelete