Friday, October 22, 2010

I made dinner.....

BUT I had to call the Phone Cookbook!!!

A couple weeks ago, when I was grocery shopping I decided to buy asparagus. I thought Matt and I would have it for dinner the next night. Well four nights later I finally cooked it, but first I had to call the Phone Cookbook. Don't get to excited as I am the only one with her phone number and the only one who she takes pity on. Well her and her husband take pity on Matt. So I called the Phone Cookbook and I asked her how to cook asparagus. Well right off the top of her head, she gave me 3 different ways to cook it.

She then proceeded to ask me what else I was going to make for dinner and I told her rice. "Rice", she asked. "Nothing, else just, rice." I told her yes, just rice. She suggested some different kinds of meat and I said no to all of them as I don't really like meat. So she finally talked me into putting a fried egg on the rice. I asked her if she was sure it tasted okay. She told me she was just introduced to the idea and liked it.

So I got home and told Matt what we were having for dinner and he looked really skeptical, which made me cry. Here I was trying to come up with an idea for dinner and was even going to cook it and he looks at me really skeptical. Well to give him credit, everytime I try cooking something besides breakfast for dinner I screw it up.

So we had asparagus with rice and eggs on top. It was really good. A side note though, Matt had to cook the rice, which was minute rice, as I have never cooked it. He also had to fry the eggs too, as I didn't even know what a fried egg was.


Doesn't it look so professional.

Matt smiling that I attempted to cook dinner. It was a joint adventure!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha oh man! You two are funny. It does look very professional, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the asparagus looks good. Course I'm not really big in dry rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cute! matt you need to teach abbie to cook one day.

    ReplyDelete