Friday, October 22, 2010

Annual Friends Pumpkin Carving Party



Every year we get together with some of our friends and carve pumpkins. We usually have 5 families that get together, but this year we were missing 2 of the families.

The boys usually carve the pumpkins while the girls talk and watch the kids. All the kids are under 4 years old, so they aren't quite into carving pumpkins yet. But Gracie asked her dad, David, to carve a "smiling heart" pumpkin. It turned out really cute. Kyle carved a witch. Matt carved venom's face from Spiderman. I hope I got the character right or Matt will be telling me after I have posted this and he has read it.

We went up to David & Kristin's house a little earlier that everyone else, so we could play with Gracie and Kate. Matt took them outside to ride bikes and Grace came in and told Kristin that Matt wasnt' letting her ride Katie's bike. I thought it was quite funny. Well after the bikes, I found Matt and Gracie out in the backyard drawing with chalk. I took a picture when they weren't looking. I don't like carving pumpkins, but Matt sure puts a lot of time planning out his pumpkin and what he is going to draw on it and his is always the last one done, no matter how much prep time he does. Good old, Matt!





2 comments:

  1. Hans is the same way; always the last one done. I bet it is the gooey stuff inside that you don't like pumpkin craving. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love the heart pumpkin. those boys have skillz!

    ReplyDelete