Thursday, May 18, 2017

2-24-2017 to 2-26-2017 - Back from Hawaii

So to be perfectly honest the kids didn't care that we were back home at all. It also hit me hard being back with the kids. We have only had them for 4 years of our 13 years of marriage and I definitely remember life without kids. It took me 2 days to get back to the happy mom mode instead of thinking they were a burden. I wasn't particularly happy about feeling like this, but once I realized it and faced it, the feeling went away.


Kids made a snowman while we were gone with Matt's parents.


Watching a lot of TV while being sleep deprived and Matt and I taking turns napping. 



Watching Lion King during the weekend.



Video - How Logan watched movies

Video - How Logan watched movies

Me all by my lonesome having a kid pity party day, because it seemed like I didn't want any at the moment. Matt took the kids to his parents for the evening. By the time they came back, I was feeling like my mommy old self. Such a weird and eye opening realization for me. 

Sunday was definitely a better day and we went to church in our Hawaiian clothes.



No comments:

Post a Comment