Monday, May 8, 2017

2-20-17 - Mopeds, Volcano Hike, and Sunset on beach

So when I told Matt that I wanted to go to Hawaii with Chelsey and Hans, he was NOT excited about it at all. I mean if I tell him we are going to Disneyland he is ALL about that trip, but Hawaii wasn't at all under his excitement radar. To Matt, Hawaii is sitting on the beach. Apparently, he doesn't know his wife too well or Chelsey. We don't like to just sit for very long anyway.

The first time I heard Matt evenly remotely excited was when I told him we would be riding Moped's. 

So with that said, once we actually got to the time to get the Moped's, I was terrified. I didn't want to do it. I was going to have to balance, pay attention to traffic, follow the group, and go fast. It took me over two hours to be finally okay with riding the mopeds. Plus we were riding in downtown Waikiki. I actually liked riding in downtown Waikiki better than the open roads of outskirts because you can't go as fast. I was always the last in line and I would go the speed limit without going over. 

It was kind of funny because Matt told me he wasn't having fun because he was too worried about me. I thought it served him right and that is how I feel when he tells me he wants to ride a motorcycle on the freeway. I'm not a fan of speed on anything - horses, cars, boats, wave runners, or mopeds. So the fastest we ever went was 40 but that was 5 miles too fast for me. 

Also, anywhere we tried to go - CASH only. This was including at major tourist attractions. It was a bit frustrating as we had to use Chelsey and Hans as our ATM since I didn't know our pin number. Hans also dumped his moped in the first hour so we had to take it back and trade it so he could have some brakes that worked. 


Video - Abbie getting instructions to ride a Moped



Video - Abbie's first time on a moped











We did have fun though - we went to a volcano and hiked around it for a couple hours. 

Video - Hiking the Volcano


Video - Matt climbing the volcano



Video - View from Top of Volcano












We drove along some touristy sites. We rode the Mopeds for about 7 hours when we were originally suppose to have them for 4 hours. 






After we returned the mopeds, we were able to capture the most beautiful sunset. 

Video - Sunset on the Beach

Video - Kissing Matt at sunset











Video - AWESOME time lapse sunset

After the sunset, we had an amazing dinner and then went home for the evening. I was so glad to be back in a car and be able to relax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment