Monday, April 21, 2014

Kara's 1st Birthday - Friend(ly) celebration

Well I was called a couple things when I said I didn't want to have a birthday for Kara when she turned one. Can't remember them right off as I sometimes feel like my thought process was lost with the words that I use to know before I got pregnant. Permanent prego brain. 

Anyway, since our house isn't quite big enough for family and friends at the same time, we had a friend birthday party for Kara on Friday, April 4th. We invited some of our friends that have been with us through Kara's last year of being with us. Thanks for your support while we figured out what parenting is like and helping have one of the best years of our lives so far. 

Kristin took pity on me and helped me with Kara's large cupcake on Thursday. It was fun hanging out and I know why I don't like making "extreme" cakes. They take forever. Baking, cooling down, freezing, frosting, etc. But we had fun and Kate was there to help us all the way. She even made her own special cake for Kara and brought it with her on Friday. Cutest and sweetest thing. Love my two "K" girls. 






We had baked chicken strips, meatballs, fruit, chips, veggies, soda, and cupcakes. 

The kids (9 under the age of 7) had fun playing upstairs while the adults chatted downstairs. Gave Matt quite a bit of anxiety as I told him that he needed to get his teenage mutant ninja turtles out, so the kids could play with them. He ended up disappearing after cake to check and make sure all of the turtles were still accounted for...gone for 15 minutes. 





We ate, opened presents and then let Kara dive into her cake. A little bit hard for her at first as the cupcake was made out of a pound cake to keep its form, but she eventually got into it with Matt's help.   







































No comments:

Post a Comment