Monday, April 21, 2014

Kara's 1st Birthday - Family Celebration

We had Kara's family celebration on Sunday, April 6th. I was suppose to be late enough on Matt's 7 off that he would obviously be there, but for my mom to be back from Washington after Ellie's birth. Well, Ellie had her own ideas, so we still had the party just without 1 grandma.

We had pretty much what we had during the friend celebration on Friday, except we had jello and pasta salads instead of fruit and veggies.

It was weird to celebrate with such a small number. Kali, Shawn, Leili, Jakers, Dane, Danielle, Mason, my dad, Matt's parents, his brother, Brian and his family, and my Gram were there. Missed my sisters being there!

We made Kara a lot simpler cake this time. I frosted it pink and Matt put on the blue touches.





We ate, did presents, and then cake. Gram had to leave as she wasn't feeling good, but it was great to have her there! Matt opened the presents with Kara this time, while I took pictures. She does a pretty good job opening the presents for only being one.












Kara loved her pink lemonade frosting. Lots of pictures of Kara eating her cake, but this only happens at 1 birthday, so enjoy as we did.






















One of my favorite pictures!

























No comments:

Post a Comment