Saturday, November 5, 2011

Trips for work - Part 2

I went on a second trip for work from September 17 to September 22nd. This trip was to Atlanta, Georgia for a Store Development Conference. We had seminars and classes during two of the days we were there. On the other days, we went and toured some stores in the Atlanta area. Why you might ask...well by touring stores, you can find ideas that you might want to incorporate into your store. Or that you might not!

I know I found one idea that I would never want to see in a Grocery store again, maybe a pet store, but not a grocery store...LIVE Frogs! Yes, they had live Frogs to buy at a grocery store to go home and cook. YUCK!, but I guess some people like that.

I also got to go to this Fresh Market and they had tanks full of live fish, crab and lobster to buy and they would kill it for you on the spot.
 My favorite thing I found was "Uncle Matt's" products....reminded me of my Matt.

At the end of my trip, I was able to go to the Georgia Aquarium....It was fun looking at all the sea creatures. Check out my pictures....I even touched the sting ray...and it only took me an hour to get up the courage.


Ever since I watched Jaws, I have been afraid of Sharks. I don't really like going into the ocean because of them. Ever since the movie "Soul Surfer" came out, people keep asking me if I have seen it. Definitely not, I would probably never set foot in the ocean again and one of the things I want to do is go to Hawaii one day. So why would I pictures of sharks, well they are behind glass and are safe to look at.

Looks alot like Jaws!



The best thing I liked about the aquarium was the Beluga whales. It was fun to watch them dive and play around. They reminded me of the dolphins, which are really my favorite, but I really didn't get to see because they were in the dolphin show.

Here are the Beluga whales and a couple of pictures of me trying to take my picture with them.




I was also able to get my picture taken with a penguin, a white allegator, a large fish, and a manta ray.















 The biggest surprise of the trip was that I actually touched a manta ray in the touching pond. Mind you, I had to go back three different times and on the third trip, I waited an hour until I got up the courage. This was silly, because all the kids would touch the manta rays with no problem. I really need to get this figured out, because one of my life goals is to swim with dolphins.




No comments:

Post a Comment