Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Big WHEEL fun at Kennecott Copper Mine

All summer I had been hearing radio commercials to come out and see the Kennecott Copper Mine. So while my sister, Chelsey, and my niece, Arlee, were here I thought it would be a great idea to go out. I thought, something fun for a little 2 1/2 year old to do with the big trucks and their big wheels, plus a huge hole to look down.

Well Chelsey ended up going to with Hans' family to witches at Garnder Village and she asked me to babysit. I asked my mom if she wanted to go with me. We took my 2 nieces, Kasiah (4) and Arlee (2 1/2), to the mine.

Well it wasn't what I thought it was going to be exactly. There was a big hole and a big tire, but no bug trucks, unless you count the ones down in the open copper mine and they looked tiny.

BIG HOLE!

BIG TIRE!


We walked around the visitor's center and watched a movie about the mine. While we were watching the movie, a picture of the Earth came on and Arlee said, "Look at that big ball."  Kasiah proceeded to correct her and said, "That's not a ball, that's the Earth." Quit funny and cute!










After the copper mine, I took everyone out to eat at McDonald's. What a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment