Wednesday, November 16, 2011

82... What a great number!

Yesterday, my Gram (aka Grandma) turned 82 years old. Well, I got to spend the evening with her. A couple months before, I asked her if she wanted to go see "My Fair Lady" at Hale Center Theater. She said yes and for me to pick a date. I knew her wedding anniversary (my grandfather died over 4 years ago) and birthday were in November, so I asked which day I could help her celebrate. She said her birthday, which is on November 15th. So I bought the tickets and waited for the day.

I left work at 5:15pm to go and picked her up. We planned on eating dinner at her house before leaving. We ate my favorite meal, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Gram had hers in a cup and mine was in a bowl. :-)

As we were getting ready to leave for the play, my sister, Kali, called me about a something. I told her I had to go, so Gram and I could leave. She told me that she had been planning to come over to Gram's house and surprise her and now she wasn't going to be able to. She was a little bummed, but it turned out that it was good she called me or she would have gone over to Gram's house and been surprise herself to find out she wasn't there. Sorry Kali, but Gram and I had fun.

We left for the play at 6:30 and got there in 20 minutes, which was 50 minutes early. We took some pictures while we were waiting for the play to start.



It was fun watching the play. Gram and I both agreed that the actor for "Freddy" had a beautiful voice.


Happy 82 Birthday Gram!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Happy Birthday to your Gram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't cancel the play so Kali could surprise her. ;)

    ReplyDelete