Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Matt

Matt turned the big 30 on September 19th while I was away in Atlanta, Georgia for a work conference. I was kinda bummed about missing his birthday, so I decided to have a small surprise birthday party for him on Sunday, October 9th.

For his cake I decided to make him a Mad Hatter cake. Lets just say I have never made a cake besides a Betty Crocker cake in a pan and I don't like frosting it, so Matt usually frost its.

First was the baking of the cakes, then freezing them, so they would be easier to frost.

My sister, Kali, the cake expert told me how to make butter cream frosting. So I started with that. Lets just say, she forgot to tell me it is really think and I was suppose to thin it out to get the consistency I wanted. Well, my mom and I finally got the icing to be manageable. So we put the cake together, added some icing, and I added the final touches. See the steps and how it turned out.

Let me know how I did on my first cake....and probably last as it took forever!




 





3 comments:

  1. The cake was wonderful. You must love him since you put soooo much work into a cake. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful and I bet tasted even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job, but where are the pictures that I took?

    ReplyDelete