Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Girls Camp - July 2011

We had Stake Girls Camp for the Young Women in the Stake. The Stake leaders are in charge of this camp. They ask for volunteer leaders to come to camp and supervise a group of girls. The girls are mixed together from other wards, so they can get to know each other.

I volunteered this year to be a camp leader. I also volunteered Matt to come up and be the priesthood during the camp. Before camp started, I was informed who my girls would be in my group. We got together before camp 2 or 3 times. We did this in order to get to know each other, come up with a group name, and to practice our skit.

The girls ended up picking "Funky Monkey Mormon Mafia" for our name.

For our skit, we based it off of the TV Show, America Best Dance Company. All of us performed and at the end of the skit, we got the whole crowd dancing the "Funky Monkey" or as you might know it the "Chicken Dance" done at weddings. We came up with our own "monkey" moves instead of the "chicken" moves.

Here are a couple of pictures from the skit.





The night of the skits, the Bishops and Young Women Leaders could come up and visit. Here is a group photo of all the members from my ward at camp. I had 11 Young Women at camp. It was fun watching them learn new things.


I am so glad that Matt was able to come with me even though he had school during the summer. Here is a picture of us together in our "Funky Monkey Mormon Mafia" shirts. Matt drew on the monkey.

1 comment:

  1. This brings back memories... Glad that you had a good time. Matt is such a trooper.

    ReplyDelete