Monday, December 12, 2016

Grandma (Great) Lucille

Okay, so we use to do a lot more with my Grandma Lucille then we do know. She is technically my Step-Great Grandma. She married my grandma's husband before I was born, so she is the only person I ever remember having been married to my Grandpa (Great) Ron. 

My Grandma Lucille's first husband had died and my Grandpa Ron's first wife, who is my Grandma's real mom died. So they got married. But the funny thing is she is only about 9 or 10 years older than my grandma, so my Grandma Lucille has kids that are my mom's and aunts ages, but are really my grandmas' step-sisters. So if you followed all that, good for you. I remember when we would introduce ourselves to new family members, at weddings, baby showers, etc. They always looked at us like "okay, I am not sure I followed that but okay".

We recently went to a baby shower for a cousin (2nd or 3rd), but we don't really count that in my family. My Aunt Kennie, who is my grandma's step-sister, but my moms age-ish, wanted to take family pictures of everyone since my Grandma Lucille is getting older, 96 or 97ish. Aunt Kennie is really great about sending out hard copies to the families, so these are the pictures that came to me in the mail. 

Me and Matt and my Grandma Lucille. A very long time ago, before kids. 

My grandpa, my Grandma Lucille, and my Gram. 

Present Day pictures at the Baby Blessing on October 6th, 2016









She is a great lady and I would always look forward to seeing her when she would come shopping at the Harmons Brickyard where I worked for 3 years as she lived in Sugar House. 

Can't believe she has out lasted 2 husbands and a step-daughter. My grandma knew her longer than she knew her own mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment