Sunday, February 28, 2016

Mouth Pain & Varicose Vein Surgery - 10-2-2015 to 10-12-2015

Well, I can honestly say I think this is the worst pain I can remember, except for overdoing it after having a baby.  My tooth became abscessed/infected. I went to the dentist on Friday, October 2nd and he said I had an infection in one of my teeth that had a root canal done a couple years before. He said he couldn't retreat it so I would have to see an endodontist. They weren't open until Monday for me to call so my dentist prescribed me some antibiotics and sent me on my way. Saturday night the pain kicked in. I couldn't sleep and nothing was getting rid of the pain. Not even the pain killers I still had from having my D&C from the month before. I couldn't take very much of them either as I was nursing Logan. 

So I was in tremendous pain for the weekend and Matt was working his graves, so he was only able to help for a few hours in the afternoons. Monday morning came and I called the endodontist first thing. Luckily, he was able to get me in that afternoon. He drilled my tooth and got some of the infection out, but we had to wait for the infection to leak out. He left it open for drainage, but my face got really swollen and bruised. I looked lovely. Not only that I was having varicose vein surgery on Wednesday. I went back into the endodontist Wednesday morning to have my tooth filled with a filling and then headed to the surgery. 
10-5-2015
 

Had Varicose Vein Surgery Wednesday (10-7-2015) and Thursday (10-8-2015). Plus recovery. It was a whole bunch of painful NOT fun.Matt even got to watch the whole thing. I had to be on a valium to be calm enough to let myself be there. But its over and done with and my legs feel so much lighter. I got varicose veins really bad about a year after having Kara and losing all the "baby" weight from being pregnant with her. 


10-7-2015 - My face morning of Varicose Vein surgery

10-7-2015 - Waiting for Matt at the surgery


10-7-2015 - First let complete

10-8-2015 - Getting ready for 2nd leg to be done


10-8-2015 - Home and both legs are complete. Well
what I could handle the pain level to be done. 
 
10-8-2015 - My face in the afternoon. 
 10-8-2015 - Hanging out with Kara and Logan while I sat on the ground.





Love this picture of them together. 

Logan watching Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman with me. 

10-9-2015 - Kara hanging out with me while I lay on the couch

10-10-2015 - Ace wraps came off for a shower and I documented my battle wounds.






No comments:

Post a Comment