Sunday, February 2, 2014

New Years Eve and Day 2014

Well once again we had our time honored tradition of spending New Years Eve with our Elswoods. We arrived a little early and gave the kids their Christmas presents as we couldn't meet up before than due to illnesses.

We have smoked meat, which I actually couldn't get enough of. We chatted while the kids watched a movie and the boys hung out in the kitchen. I got to cuddle with my Katie during the movie and she ended up falling asleep on me. I loved it!

After the kids went to bed, we ended up playing a game. The Elswood's neighbors, Ahles, joined us, so we were boys against girls. We ended up missing the ball drop for New Years, but were only 8 minutes late in realizing. We stopped our game and some bubble. Sella Ahles ended up waking up shortly after throwing up. Poor baby. We ended up finishing the game up around 1am.  The boys ended up winning as they had an extra person, but maybe next time.

New Years Day was spent relaxing mostly. We had a little bit later breakfast, okay Matt and I did as we slept in until 9am. We ate homemade egg, sausage, biscuits. Matt, David, Grace, and Kate played with Legos after breakfast. Matt and I ended up leaving after Kara's morning nap.

We had a fun time as we do every year!

Matt watching Despicable Me 2 with his girls.
Katie was telling him everything that was happening.
(He hadn't seen it yet.) 
Kristin and Parker joining in on watching the movie

Matt and I at 12:08 am on 1-1-2014

Me and Katie cuddling watching the movie
right before she fell asleep on me.

Kara's first picture in 2014. Our room at the Elswoods. 

 Kara decided to wake up and show me she could click her tongue while we were at the Elswoods. It amazes me so much to find out what she learns on her own. I am glad I get to watch her grow. 

Young at heart. Legos for all ages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment