Monday, July 8, 2013

Happy 9th Anniversary


So I pretty much spent 1 hour with Matt for our actual anniversary day as he had to work, but he got me a SPA Day and a Massage. I am going to do the SPA Day with Kristin sometime soon.

I got Matt a night away sometime in August or September while my mom watches Kara overnight. That should be quite interesting!

We celebrated our Anniversary for Matt's 7 days off starting on June 26th.

We went out to Outback Steak House for dinner. It was yummy, but as soon as our food arrived Kara decided to she was too tired and need to go to sleep! Matt cuddled her up nice and tight and got her to calm down. We also went to the movies with Kara, the drive-in movies that is! What a blast! Kara slept the whole time. We watched Monsters University and Epic. I know they are more kids movies, but they turned out to be good and light.





We then pretty much slept in on Thursday and just had a relax day, except we went up the canyon to look at campsites and ended up hiking an hour up the Lake Blanch trail. Definitely not ready for that hike yet!
Small Waterfall before starting up the trail


Picture moment at one of many stops...
well Matt stopped alot to wait for me. 

At the stopping point before we turned around to go back down.
Beautiful Scenery!

Kara loves hiking and her daddy!
Friday we had a sleep over at the Elswoods on Friday, June 28th. It wasn't the best at night with Kara as she slept in the room with us and the blow up mattress kept deflating.

Well we had a good dinner of enchiladas and great company. The kids are great with Kara. On Saturday, I finally got to sleep around 6 am and was able to sleep until 10am. Thanks to David for fixing me crepes after I woke up.
Gracie and Kara...Matt's two little girls.

Kara taking a nap...She never sleeps anywhere but her bed usually!

We went on a walk/bike ride on Friday night. It was fun and I even rode Kristin's bike. Definitely too short, but I am ready to start riding soon, but I need a bike trailer for Kara though.

After the kids were in bed, we attempted to watch Star Dust, but we were all tired we went to bed at 11:30pm.

Saturday was so hot that the kids, David, and Matt went swimming in their little pool. Kristin and I stayed in the shade mostly with Kara.








What a fun first 4 days of 7 days off. Next is camping, but that is a post all its own!

No comments:

Post a Comment