Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy 1st Father's Day Matt!

Well it was official. Matt had his first Father's Day as a DAD! Matt even had the day off from work so it worked out we got to hang out with him the whole day.

He does a fantastic job with Kara. He loves to tease her and tell her he loves her and kisses her until she gets  mad (only when she is hungry or tired though).
Matt with his new Superman Shirt.
Kara is dressed in her outfit that says "daddy's girl"
Kara gave Matt some practical items for Father' Day. A couple of white dress shirts, a Superman shirt (as he is such a super dad), a teenage mutant ninja turtle shirt, a movie of Kermit's first years (so Matt and Kara can watch when she is a little older), and a sleeping mask.

Matt had Kara the whole time during church as it was his day. He even took her to priesthood with him. I felt out of place with out her with me in Relief Society, but it was fine.

We went over to Matt's parents to visit with them before dinner at my parents. We got his dad a huge thing of nuts as he is such a nut himself.
Matt's dad fell asleep while we were there. Such an old guy thing.
We had dinner at my parents and gave my dad some rope. Long story, but very useful for him.

Well Mattie...Happy Father's Day. I couldn't have wished for a better husband or dad for my itty bitty. I know it has been a long journey getting to the point where we are parents now, but it feels so natural with you by my side. You and Kara are the only two things I need in the world and with your help being a parent is going to be a fun adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment